Preparing the 2009 edition of the server survey

Jean Daniel jeandaniel.browne at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:30:07 UTC 2009

You could mention VoIP in the type of applications and mission
critical workloads.

In France at least, millions of subscriber use linux servers without
knowing it through their land line telephones. France Telecom (~5
millions VoIP subscribers) bought from Netcentrex a dozen of VoIP
clusters (a thousand server) running an old Red Hat.

The Free company bought their VoIP clusters from Sirpack, and they
also runs cluster operating on Linux.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Nick Barcet<nick.barcet at canonical.com> wrote:
> It's been already almost a year since we started the Ubuntu Server
> Community Survey...  It's now time to prepare for a new edition of it to
> update our data on Ubuntu Server Edition usage.
>
> If you have a few minutes to review the questions that we asked in the
> last survey and tell us what you think we should change or add, now is
> the time to do it.
>
> For more info, please have a look at the post I wrote following up
> yesterday's server community meeting:
>
> http://nicolas.barcet.com/drupal/en/preparing-2009-server-survey
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Nick