libvirt backport

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Tue Jul 14 22:13:42 UTC 2009

A big thanks to everyone who has been testing the backport of Jaunty's
kvm-84 to Intrepid and Hardy.

I have backported a bit more of the virtualization stack from Jaunty
to Intrepid and Hardy, namely:
    * libvirt 0.6.1

Packages are available in the ~ubuntu-virt PPA:
    * https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-virt/+archive/ppa

I'm hoping some of you out there might be willing and interested to do
some testing on these new packages. They fix a couple of bugs for me,
including installation of Windows guests on Hardy hosts.

Please file bugs in Launchpad for any issues under libvirt, and add
the tag 'libvirt-backport'.  Also, if you find that this package fixes
any bugs for you, please note that as well.

Cheers,
:-Dustin