Call-for-Testing: KVM in Jaunty-Proposed [was Re: Call-for-Testing: KVM-84 Backport]

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 10 13:01:54 UTC 2009

So we're now rounding 3rd base on the kvm-84 backport.

I've produced a couple of release candidates and fixed a few remaining
issues. Thank you to everyone who has tested the PPA packages and
provided feedback.

The final step before releasing the backport is to ensure that these
latest changes get uploaded to jaunty-updates, such that the package
is in sync among Hardy, Intrepid, and Jaunty.

So I've been working hard on this, and I'm at a point where I require
assistance from you, the community. I get emails on a weekly basis
from people asking for advice on getting involved in Ubuntu. Here's
your shot ;-)

There is a package in jaunty-proposed that needs to be pushed to
jaunty-updates before the Hardy and Intrepid backports can take place.
In order to promote the package to jaunty-updates, I need users to
verify that the new package fixes the four bugs that I think it fixes,
and does not cause regressions.

Please, if you have a system running Jaunty + KVM, give the -proposed
package a shot, and provide feedback in the following 4 bugs:

    * 392295
    * 359447
    * 394953
    * 382077