[ubuntu-server] Re: Ubuntu Server tips fortune?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Jul 1 23:44:59 UTC 2009

On 02/07/09 00:16, Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/7/1 Eric Hammond <ehammond at thinksome.com>:
>
>> Yes, if you're running a web site, there's not much reason to use
>> somebody else's URL redirection service.
>>
>> However, from personal experience I would recommend you not create a
>> public URL redirecting service as you'll end up spending far too much of
>> your life fighting the spammers and phishers who try to abuse it :-\
>>

> Yeah, I appreciate that (having run one in the past). I was thinking
> something like the go.msn.com that Microsoft seem to use all over
> their site. It's a great way for us to have control over urls we're
> sending people to.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Doesn't the Ubuntu documentation wiki already handle redirects?

Don't we require authentication to edit the wiki?

Can we not make such a redirect immutable?

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Bigpond NextG at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..