Ubuntu Server tips fortune?

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 1 06:40:16 UTC 2009

Hi Nick

Nick Barcet wrote:
> Following up on the community meeting today, I have added a section
> proposing rules for what can and cannot considered a useful tip.  I am
> pasting them here for your review.
>
>  * Tips should not be any longer than 2 lines of 80 characters.
>  * Tips are not advertisement, but information. No paid services or
> product can be referred to here, except if and an exception is granted
> during a server community meeting.
>  * Tips should only refer to what's directly available in Ubuntu Server
> Edition and in main, except if and an exception is granted during a
> server community meeting.

I think that it's a bit harsh to exclude universe completely, there are
many useful server and command-line tools in universe that deserves to
have some mention. Could the server-fortune tool perhaps check whether
the universe component is enabled before enabling universe related fortunes?

-Jonathan