Server Team 20090106 meeting minutes

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 7 21:38:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Mathias Gug <mathiaz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> ==== Screen Profiles ====
>
> kirkland has been collecting screen profiles and hacks to provide them in a
> screen-profile package. mathiaz asked if there were any plans to enable screen
> by default on an new Ubuntu Server installation. kirkland explained that he
> was aiming at getting it included into main and shipped on the server cd.
> Moreover the first time screen is run a list of profiles would be shown.
>
> Some work has been done on implementing a task bar in screen so that applets
> could be easily added.
>
> ACTION: kirkland to upload a new version of the screen-profile package

Done.  In queue at:
 * https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+queue

> ACTION: kirkland to create a wiki page to outline how-to implement a taskbar
> in screen

I don't think your "ACTION" quote is quite accurate here.  At least I
don't understand it, as written.

I took this "to-do" to mean creating the spec/design document of what
we're going for, with respect to screen-profiles.  As such, I created:
 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreenProfiles

Cheers,
:-Dustin