Alfresco Community Package

Josh McJilton jmcjilton at bluefishgroup.com
Thu Aug 20 14:42:27 UTC 2009

Server Team / Alfresco Packager,

Let me get right to the point; thank you!  The recently released
alfresco-community package is a huge help.  Over the past few months
I've been experimenting with Alfresco 3.1 and the new 3.2 Community
Edition quite a bit.  I've installed the stack more times than I can
remember, but until the Ubuntu package hit the Partner repository, my
efforts to install on Linux always wound up at a dead end.  At that
point a time sensitive question would come up and I would have to boot
into the that other OS and run it over there.  I'm glad to say that is
no longer the case.

I've collected several small notes that I'll post via Launchpad, but I
wanted to a quick second to let you know I'm having great success with
the package.  So far converted two of our company servers of to Ubuntu
on the merits of a quick, predictable server build out and I'm confident
more will follow.

I am receiving one warning each time I install the package that I did
want to pass along directly:

dbconfig-common: writing config to /etc/dbconfig-common/alfresco.conf
*** WARNING: ucf was run from a maintainer script that uses debconf, but
            the script did not pass --debconf-ok to ucf. The maintainer
            script should be fixed to not stop debconf before calling
ucf,
            and pass it this parameter. For now, ucf will revert to
using
            old-style, non-debconf prompting. Ugh!

The package installs fine and everything seems to work, but I do see
this every time so I wanted to pass it along.

Please let me know if there are any other details I could provide that
would be helpful.  Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Cheers,

- Josh

Josh McJilton

Blue Fish Development Group