SNMPD Query

Michael RISBY michael.risby at ap.equinix.com
Fri Aug 21 07:25:15 UTC 2009

Thanks for the replies, however this is not the case.

Yes I can look up all OID's of certain devices on localhost, however the
machine that is doing the 'walking' is on my home DSL connection which
has a dynamic address.

To try help solve this ill paste my snmpd config. (Note, certain aspects
will have changed but the overall thing is how it currently is. As you
will notice I have just kept adding  whatever IP i happen to be assigned
from my ISP.

Basically I want to know if there is any way to have
'risbo.domainhere.com' dns lookup up, as it automatically updates with
my public IP at home.

interface eth0
agentaddress ###.###.###.###:161

#                       sec.name        source
community

com2sec                 readonly        127.0.0.1
public
com2sec                 readonly        risbo.domainhere.com   public
com2sec                 readonly        203.33.163.104
public
com2sec                 readonly        203.33.161.196
public
com2sec                 readonly        220.253.176.185
public
com2sec                 readonly        220.253.65.105
public
com2sec                 readonly        220.253.183.56
public
com2sec                 readonly        220.253.178.34
public
com2sec                 readonly        203.33.164.73
public
com2sec                 readonly        220.253.181.245
public
com2sec                 readonly        203.33.166.200
public
com2sec                 readonly        220.253.72.245
public

#                       sec.model  sec.name
group MyROSystem        v1        paranoid
group MyROSystem        v2c       paranoid
group MyROSystem        usm       paranoid
group MyROGroup         v1         readonly
group MyROGroup         v2c        readonly
group MyROGroup         usm        readonly
group MyRWGroup         1         readwrite
group MyRWGroup         v2c        readwrite
group MyRWGroup         usm        readwrite

#           incl/excl subtree                          mask
view all    included  .1                               80
view system included  .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system

#                context sec.model sec.level match  read   write  notif
access MyROSystem ""     any       noauth    exact  system none   none
access MyROGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  all    none   none
access MyRWGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  all    all    none

#
-----