Share port 80 with same Public IP

Alberto Sierra albertosierra at aesetres.com
Thu Aug 20 21:30:58 UTC 2009

You can run multiple web sites (domains) on one IP address using IIS
and host header names. that is a built-in feature.

if your sharing both  your IP and http port between 2 servers, you
might be able to use the reverse proxy feature of squid, but i've
never used it, so i don't know if it will suit your needs, try the
squid documentation.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Gilberto
Nunes<gilberto.nunes at selbetti.com.br> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I need a miracle here :)
>
> I have one and jsut one Public IP.
>
> I need that this one Public IP get response for two different domain and
> get response to and from port 80.
>
> One of web server is in windows 2003 server and other web server is in
> other host, both running IIS 6.0.
>
> So, with simple words, I nedd have different DNS names, using the same
> public IP and the same port 80.
>
> There is some way to depploy this feature??
>
> Well, I don´t if via Iptables or via DNS whatever, but I suppose that
> have a solution for this case...
>
> Somebody can help me please???
>
> Thanks
>

> Gilberto Nunes Ferreira
> TI
> Selbetti Gestão de Documentos
> Telefone: +55 (47) 3441-6004
> Celular: +55 (47) 8861-6672
>

> Disse Jesus: Eu sou o Caminho, a Verdade e a Vida. Ninguém vem ao Pai a
> não ser por Mim.
> Jesus said: I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. Nobody goes to Father
> without Me...
> <><

Alberto Sierra Reales [aesetres]
IT Consultant