SNMPD Query

Michael RISBY michael.risby at ap.equinix.com
Wed Aug 19 12:58:16 UTC 2009

This may or may not be a related directly to Ubuntu however I am using
Ubuntu-server edition so I thought it would be semi appropriate to post
here.

Basically my problem is my home's linux machine which is running a
webserver with the cacti monitoring system.

My problem is that I am constantly adding my changed dynamic IP to the
snmpd.conf. I've tried to add a DNS and it just doesn't like to resolve
it.

Anyone got a work around or a potential solution that they would like to
share?

Cheers,

Michael