Your Distro is Insecure: Ubuntu

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:20:31 UTC 2009

I've always been a little bit uncomfortable with the choice of default
permissions for user home directories, and would like to see some more
discussion around that.  (Past answers essentially being "it's easier
this way", for file sharing and the like, which doesn't seem
particularly convincing to me.)  Encrypted home directory options are
a step in the right direction, but personally I'd rather have that and
more restrictive permissions both.  Beyond that the defaults have
always seemed pretty sane as far as I can tell, and arguments to the
contrary not particularly convincing, so nice work there.

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/