Milter or amavis?

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Apr 10 18:55:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:37:30 +1100 Laurent Dinclaux <laurent at gecka.com>
wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I read that sendmail milters have better performances than amavisd-new.
>
>So what are the advantages of using amavisd-new over spamass-milter
>and clamav-milter ?

I would not currently recommend clamav-milter for production systems
without a lot of testing.  The version in Intrepid (clamav 0.94.2) is
sufficiently problemtic that upstream did a complete rewrite for 0.95 (in
Jaunty).  Clamav 0.95.1, that I'm working on getting into Jaunty before
release, has a large number of clamav-milter bug fixes (no great suprise
for the first release after a complete rewrite).

Scott K