Spam sorting using amavisd-new

Michael Zoet Michael.Zoet at zoet.de
Fri Apr 10 05:04:52 UTC 2009

Laurent Dinclaux schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to automatically move all detected spam to the spam imap
> folder of my users. I can't find how to achieve it....

You have different options here ;-). Basically you need to use a LDA
(Local Delivery Agent) for that. There are several available and you
can choose which you want to use. Every MTA has a LDA, dovecot
provides one, then there is maildrop or procmail.

I would recommend for you to use Dovecot's LDA with a SIEVE script for
this. In the Dovecot wiki is enough documentation on how to integrate
the Dovecot LDA in various MTAs. It is important that you read this
docu thoroughly because weird things can happen if you do it wrong:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve

and a lot of other docu on the wiki.

The alternatives (maildrop, procmail or MTA specific configuration)
work also great.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

By the way: if you are finished with your mail server setup, you have
a similar setup like I run on several mail servers ;-). And many of
them run for years without big troubles.

Greets,

Michael

- --
Michael Zoet