Dovecot default folder structure

Michael Zoet Michael.Zoet at zoet.de
Thu Apr 9 16:44:45 UTC 2009

Laurent Dinclaux schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to define a default folder structure with dovecot?
>
> I need, by default, when I create a new mailbox, the folders Sent,
> Draft and Spams

Dovecot has a very good plugin system for that :-) and you would like
to use:

Autocreate plugin

Comes with v1.2.alpha3+.

This plugin allows administrator to specify mailboxes that must always
exist for all users. They can optionally also be subscribed. The
mailboxes are created and subscribed always after user logs in.
Namespaces are fully supported, so namespace prefixes need to be used
where necessary.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Autocreate

Please take a look at the various documentation in the dovecot wiki
pages. Dovecot is very powerful and you can configure a lot of things:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/

greetings,

Michael

- --