Spamassassin & amavisd-new

Michael Zoet Michael.Zoet at zoet.de
Thu Apr 9 06:06:28 UTC 2009

Laurent Dinclaux schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I have setup amavisd-new with spamassassin and clamav as stated in
> ubuntu sever documentation.
>
> Virus scanning is ok but not spam scanning. (I don't have spamassassin
> headers in scanned emails)

You need to setup and configure SpamAssassin and Amavis to do this...

For example I have (amongst other things)

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -999; # add spam info headers if at, or above
that level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.0;  # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 21.0;  # triggers spam evasive actions
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 4;   # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent

in my /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user

These optiosn mean: please tag everything with a Spamassassin header (
$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -999 ), even it is not spam. This way you can
analyse both ham and spam.

And you must activate SpamAssasin in
/etc/amavis/conf.d/15-content_filter_mode!

greets,

Michael

- --
Michael Zoet