company exchange server & exim best practices.

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Fri Apr 3 08:10:16 UTC 2009

U Pet, 03. 04. 2009., u 09:40 +0200, Rudi Ahlers je napisao/la:

> So, I would like to know, is there a way to "push" (not forward) mail
> from the Linux server, after it has arrived and spam been blocked, to
> another domain, but with the same email address? i.e. the domain in
> question is attorneys.co.za and I've setup attorneys.dyndns.net as the
> dynamic domain, but the exchange serves email for attorneys.co.za
> Forwarding email doesn't work, since there's no such user as
> bob at attorneys.dyndns.net, but rather bob at attorneys.co.za.

Of course. I do it with postfix all the time. I accept mail, check it
for spam and viruses and then use postfix's transport_table to determine
where to forward that mail. Then I have a script that connects to
Exchange and pulls valid emails from it and at the end generates a file
that is used for transport_table.

There are couple of howtos on the Internet:
http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/mailrelay/
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/postfix/