Announcing the Server Survey

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Thu Sep 25 16:13:37 UTC 2008

Hello,

After a few months of wait, the server survey that we developed as a
community effort is now up and running [1].  Canonical just released an
announcement about it [2].

The goal is now to get as many answers as we can on it so that we can
make educated choices on the future of Ubuntu Server Edition.

Call to action:

 * Spread the word to anyone running Linux servers that this survey
exist, and encourage them to take it (blog, irc, email, whatever).

 * Join the launch effort [3], by informing the listed destinations,
and/or adding some and marking them as done on the wiki.

[1] http://survey.ubuntu.com
[2] http://www.ubuntu.com/news/server-team-survey
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Survey/Launch

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this survey, to the limesurvey
project that took our enhancement requests, and to all that will take
the time to fill it out and spread the word.

Nick