Creating a encrypted directory during the server installation

Didier Roche didrocks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 21:21:44 UTC 2008

2008/9/22 Dustin Kirkland <kirkland at canonical.com>:
> I think the Ubuntu Server has an opportunity to _lead_ in the Linux
> server industry in this case.  And I think the new question in the
> installer actually provides exposure to this feature that is otherwise
> buried in the new /usr/bin/ecryptfs-setup-private command line
> utility.

I am now convinced of the usefulness of this feature that make sense,
and as it is just applied on a dedicated directory Private, the cost
of the protection on the server is low enough to ask for this small
question on the server installation. It can make people aware of the
empcryption gain they can have. (and it is normal also to me for a
server to have more questions at installation time than for desktop).
Maybe the prompt can also