wireless LAN and accesspoint

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Tue Sep 16 04:06:51 UTC 2008

This is not an ubuntu-server issue.

That card has sucked up far too much time and effort.

http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=893661

I used an Atheros based Netgear card (it was the plain g card) successfully
some time ago. I use an Atheros based PCMCIA card in my notebook all the
time.

I have a box full of Frisbees, Broadcoms and others but wouldn't dream of
investing any more time on them.

I am not happy with the gnome-network-applet but the cli tools are ok.

I just sampled a couple of Ubiquiti NS2s and am delighted.

Jim

http://ls.net
http://drupal.ls.net