drupal 6.x install script

Henri Cook ubuntu-server at theplayboymansion.net
Sat Sep 13 17:46:42 UTC 2008

Are you looking for advice on the script, or the idea of including it in
server? It's a laudable utility script but it's not something that I
would think should be packaged (unless it's a package of its own and
what it does is very clearly marked) - I can't think of any other
examples of similar scripts and as a sysadmin I would not expect
something like this to restart apache (this may be a production server)
or bind9 or add zones/config etc - the scope for this is really a very
personal, dedicated system. Most production systems i've seen have their
owns methods for zone addition, mass apache virtual hosting and very
often change the root username to something like 'sysad' or 'admin' for
added security.

Does Drupal require its own username? I would generally install things
in ~henri/html/drupal.mydomain.com/public_html - and that's only unique
to my system, as far as i'm aware it's not a standard

Hope this helps,

Henri