XFS quota support

Carlos A. Carnero Delgado carloscarnero at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:21:13 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've playing with file system quota support for (and only for) a non
root XFS file system. I installed the quota package and followed
xfs_quota(8), and everything works fine.

Seeing that XFS handles quotas a bit different from other file
systems, in another system did the same *without* installing the quota
package. Again, everything works fine. So, my two questions:

(1) does XFS uses anything from the quota package?
(2) what does quota brings to the table if I'm *only* using XFS?

Thanks a lot,
Carlos.