Installing ebox

david wildgoose david.wildgoose at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:45:38 UTC 2008

Hey everyone. This is my first post to the list so hello!

I'm having some problems install ebox on 8.04.

I'm installing via the repo's.

Everything goes fine until the installation tries to create the eboxlogs
database (I think)

Heres a copy of the error...

Creating the eboxlogs database
Skipping apache port setting as current port and new port are equal
sh: /usr/bin/gconftool: not found
Can't exec "/usr/bin/gconftool": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/perl5/EBox/GConfModule.pm line 125.
Error while restoring configuration from
/var/lib/ebox/conf/apache.bakinvoke-rc.d: initscript ebox, action "apache"
failed.
sh: /usr/bin/gconftool: not found
Can't exec "/usr/bin/gconftool": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/perl5/EBox/GConfModule.pm line 125.
Error while restoring configuration from
/var/lib/ebox/conf/apache.bakinvoke-rc.d: initscript ebox, action "apache"
failed.

Any ideas? Something up with gconftool ?

--
David Wildgoose