SQL Injection immunity on Ubuntu

Dax Solomon Umaming knightlust at ubuntu.com
Wed May 7 07:11:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm supposed to send this to ubuntu-users list but I believe this question's
more fitting to this list.

I've been developing web applications based on PHP and MySQL since Dapper, and
only now am I worried about SQL injection. You see, my next project's another
web app - but for our consumers (and there are a lot of smarter users out
there).

Our server's still using Gutsy, and I've tried snippets from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_injection . I'm surprised to see that PHP
escaped them with \. I've echoed almost all forms on my scripts with the same
results.

So now my questions are;
Is the default LAMP stack on Ubuntu Server immune from SQL Injections?
If I move my PHP script to a freshly-installed Hardy, will I get the same
result?

Thanks
--
Dax Solomon Umaming