Ubuntu Server graphical interface?

Serge van Ginderachter serge at vanginderachter.be
Sun May 4 20:43:46 UTC 2008

> The "GUI" should be web based. And the framework needs to store

It should at least not be some X app. As fart as I'm concerned, it could even be some curses console app.
Or such a curses app could be one of the front ends.

> information in an open database, that is a databse that can be
> accessed, plugged into and added to

It very much depends on which kind of data you are referring to.
A lot of the configuration data already is stored somewhere (/etc).
Some databases already are readily available (ldap?)

My point, be carefull not tu build the n-th new database backend.

At first sight, I would be inclined to have a look at what can be stored in the Samba 4 ldap backend.

Tools just would need to
- interface with that ldap backend, for easy maintenance
- services connect to that ldap backend to implement the settings (think something like landscape client?)

        Serge

 Serge van Ginderachter          http://www.vanginderachter.be/

 Kreeg u een "odt" bestand en kan u deze niet openen? Zie http://ginsys.be/odf