Ubuntu Server graphical interface?

Martin Hess martinhess at mac.com
Sat May 3 23:09:26 UTC 2008

It looks like Landscape (http://www.canonical.com/projects/landscape)
does some things, but it is missing an important requirement:

* Open source

It appears from the way that it is described that you need a support
contract with Canonical to use it.

I've never used Landscape but it appears that it covers the following
areas:
1) Package management
2) User management
3) Security updates
4) Repository management
5) System monitoring
6) Integrates with Canonical support system

Obvious major things missing:
7) Service management (starting/stopping/monitoring)
8) Service configuring
	- router
	- dhcp
	- web