Ubuntu Server graphical interface?

James Dinkel jdinkel at gmail.com
Sat May 3 15:52:44 BST 2008

> On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 06:34:51AM -0700, MJang wrote:
>  >
>  > On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 08:52 +0100, Paul Elliott wrote:
>
> > > I strongly believe a CLI installer should always be present
>  > > for any software that might end up on a server. Unfortunately it's also
>  > > something outside of our control.
>  >
>  > Yup, Red Hat has moved away from CLI installers too.

I can not think of a single server application that can not be
installed with apt completely from the command line on Ubuntu/Devian.
Likewise, I can not think of a single server application that can not
be installed with yum completely from the command line on Redhat.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but I would be really curious to hear
an example.

James