Server Team 20080305 meeting minutes

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 7 00:18:09 UTC 2008


Hi,

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with        
the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20080305.        


=== Forum Reporting ===

faulkes- created a project on Launchpad [1] for his forum analyser [1]. There
is a README file in the src directory outlining how to install the software.


[1]: https://launchpad.net/forumstats/
[2]: http://ubuntu.oss-mgmt.com/

=== Server survey ===

owh drafted an announcement for the survey [3]. He also added a list of
resources to which the announcement should be sent.

[3]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ServerSurveyLaunch

nijaba reported that testers found the survey too long to complete.

ACTION: faulkes-, owh and nijaba to work on tuning the questions to make the
survey shorter.

=== ServerTestingTeam ===

mathiaz revamped the ServerTestingTeam wiki pages [4]. The process to run tests
and report results has been streamlined. He will send a separate announcement
to ubuntu-server about the ServerTestingTeam.

[4]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTestingTeam

ACTION: mathiaz to send an email about the ServerTestingTeam

=== iSCSI Support ===

soren has come across a few use cases he hadn't taken into account: Booting off
of the network and having the root filesystem on iscsi. He'll discuss
supporting this scenario with dendrobates and slangasek.

ACTION: soren to talk with dendrobates and slangasek about iscsi support for
root fs.

=== Fix bugs marked by the QATeam ===

The QA team maintains a list of bugs that should be fixed for hardy [5].
kirkland fixed one bug related to nfs. owh and kirkland will take a look at the
ntp bug.

[5]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=qa-hardy-server.

=== Virtualization ===

soren uploaded kvm 62. He is also looking into adding parvirt clock to the
kernel which should improve timing issues in virtual machines.

=== Windows Integration ===

dendrobates is waiting for a new release from upstream.

=== Ebox ===

zul filed a FeatureFreezeException request, which has been granted. A new
version of ebox is available in universe - testers are welcomed !

=== Agree on next meeting date and time ===

Next meeting will be on Wednesday, March 12th at 21:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

-- 
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer  http://www.ubuntu.com




More information about the ubuntu-server mailing list