Ubuntu server GUI

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Sun Jun 29 14:52:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 08:51:54AM +0100, Neil Wilson wrote:
> As for high level tools that manage lots of servers, I'm very fond of
> Capistrano - a ruby tool that can parallel ssh into hundreds of
> machines and run potted 'tasks'. With it I can security patch my
> entire estate or hundreds of VMs as easily as I can patch one.
>
> If you're looking for something to leg up on and wrap a menu interface
> around then Capistrano tasks would be my first thought.

I think contributions to this conversation will have more impact if
they are supported and summarized by the wiki page.

I've added a link to Capistrano at
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuCentralizedServiceAdministrator

Others have recently added other links and comments there, e.g. to

 http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/

 http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/

I continue to hope that we get a conversation together between folks
like Nicolas, the eBox folks, Dan Shearer, the Augeas folks, etc. to
explore visions and ways to cooperate or combine efforts.

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/