Recommended SATA card?

James Dinkel jdinkel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 20:35:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 3:03 PM, David Abrahams
<dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to expand the internal disk capacity on my server, and all my mobo's 4
> SATA ports are occupied.  Can anyone recommend an SATA card that will work well
> with Ubuntu?

The controller is going to be the issue here.  Any brands of cards
that use the same controller are going to be equally supported.  You
could check what controller is on your motherboard and try to get a
card with that same controller.  However, the Promise SATA controller
is very popular and I *believe* is well supported in linux.

James