oVirt

James Dinkel jdinkel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 13:24:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:59 AM, ahsiang <ahsiangsiang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I havent study much on oVirt, but it is safe implement it in VM mode?
> How about if that physical machine down? oVirt can still perform
> automate load-balance or migration? Personally for me, it is single
> point of failure in the infrastructure if deploy oVirt in VM.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Soon Siang, Shio

Even if it was installed on bare metal, it would still be a single
point of failure.

Not that is really matters.  If it is like Virtual Center, then if the
Virtual Center computer goes down, the virtual machines keep on
running.  Your virtual machines keep running like normal, and you can
even still manage them by connecting directly to the host machines.

James Dinkel