Server Team 20080610 meeting minutes

Mathias Gug mathiaz at
Wed Jun 11 18:57:47 UTC 2008


Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with        
the irc logs here:        

==== Openldap 2.4 SRU ====

zul filed a bug [1] to start an SRU for openldap 2.4.9 for hardy. The
SRU was accepted by the SRU team. However there was some issues with the
uploaded package which was rejected.


mathiaz added that openldap 2.4.10 had just been released - the changelog is
rather short and consists of bug fixes only. There was some discussion whether
2.4.10 instead of 2.4.9 should be used for the SRU. As the SRU for 2.4.9 is
already accepted, it was decided to go on with 2.4.9 and get 2.4.10 in hardy at
a later time.

ACTION: zul to go ahead with 2.4.9 in hardy as an SRU.

==== Intrepid Specification Status ====

ScottK2 asked about giving a quick status on the specifications worked
on. He's been working on a Server Flavor spec [2], which is based around
d-i to perform a minimal server install and then use FAI to further
customize the install into a specific task (mail server for example).
mathiaz added that he wrote 4 specs about network authentication and
identity managment. kirkland finished his specs about encrypted
directory, booting in degraded mode and swapfile in the installer.


kirkland has also been working on providing an online version of all the
manpages available in Ubuntu. He plans to integrated this in his
documentation search page [3].


nealmcb has been looking into the Ubuntu Centralized Server
Administrator spec[4]. mathiaz suggested to look into the Augeas[5]
project, which could be used as the backend to read and write
configuration files. nealmcb wondered if ebox could integrate with this


ACTION: mathiaz to invite the ebox developer, nxvl and dan shearer to the
meeting to discuss system adminstration framework.

==== Merges ====

mathiaz reminded that the development team is focusing on merges
nowadays: there were 299 outstanding merges in main[6] and  298 in
universe[7]. Anyone interested in packaging should have a look at these


==== Intrepid Alpha 1 ====

mathiaz reminded that Alpha 1 isos are been worked on and should be
released on Thursday. Iso testing of the server images will be done
during the next few days. Help in this area is greatly appreciated -
coordination is done via the Iso testing tracker[8] and in
#ubuntu-testing on Freenode.


==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 17th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer

More information about the ubuntu-server mailing list