Ubuntu 8.04 as LAMP machine?

L.M.J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Mon Jun 9 20:45:00 UTC 2008

Le Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:19:08 +0100,
"Andrew Hodgson" <andrew at hodgsonfamily.org> a écrit :

> What is the general stability of the Ubuntu packages such as Apache etc
> like?  I took a brief look at the server, and it seems like some of the
> packages are coming from Lenny?  What are the differences between the
> Debian and Ubuntu Apache/PHP/MySQL packages?

Hello Andrew,

  I'm running an huge intranet server under Ubuntu LAMP. I have to stay it's just stable. Well, I have to
admit I haven't found any commun Linux distro unstable so far...
  Just like Debian, the Ubuntu LAMP packaging and installation is simple, fast, smooth & well done. Updates
are done in the right time.
  It's just good, check by yourself ;)