More discussion: GUI, blogs, and pizza

James Dinkel jdinkel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 16:35:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Luke <lukehasnoname at gmail.com> wrote:

> With eBox's "bloat": Was that when you installed all modules, or just the
> defaults? I'm not familiar with it, but I know it is a flexible program.

I believe the "bloat" is that you have to install a full Apache stack
on the server in order to manage it with ebox, which is about as bad
as installing a full X system on a server (if it isn't needed).  If
you are running a webserver, of course Apache is great, but for a file
server or a DNS server, etc, it is adding unnecessary complexity,
vulnerabilities, and resource usage.  Webmin's internal webserver is
much much better in this regard.