Bug 0 review pls

Dan Shearer dan at shearer.org
Tue Jun 3 00:24:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 09:47:19AM +0930, Dan Shearer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 07:58:24PM -0400, Aaron Kincer wrote:
> > Focus on the core technology that makes Microsoft infrastructure take deep
> > roots. They are (IMO):
> >
> > 1) Exchange
> > 2) Active Directory
> > 3) Sharepoint
> >
> > Attacking these is not strictly a server issue. For many people, they
> > couldn't care less about their operating system as long as they've got their
> > MS Office/Outlook running. The Wine team is part of the solution
>
> I got a bit lost here, can you explain how you see Wine helping deliver
> solutions that don't come from Microsoft?

Actually when I re-read it, I wasn't lost, just confused about the
implied goals :-) There's a very big difference between the use cases
that involve keeping the MS desktop untouched and moving away from MS
servers, and keeping the MS servers and moving the clients to
Linux+Crossover/Wine. What would the goals be where one is a substitute
approach for the other?

--
Dan Shearer
dan at shearer.org