Looking for users of redhat-cluster-suite on Ubuntu

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at canonical.com
Mon Jul 21 14:31:33 UTC 2008

Neil Wilson wrote:
> Essentially the issue is that the cluster suite couples machines
> closely together - that is its purpose. And like all coupling it
> creates a system that is brittle in the face of unforeseen problems.

That's also my experience, which is why I want to hear about RHCS
deployment on Ubuntu, successful or not.  As unforeseen problems are, by
definition, hard to fathom, I would like to hear about those that people
experienced with their own specific.  Hopefully, I can gather enough
such experience to come up with a set of guidelines or best practices
that are generally useful.

> Anybody who has struggled with clustering, NFS and yowled with
> frustration at stale file handles will find GlusterFS a complete
> breath of fresh air.

That is interesting.  Can you expand a bit on the stale file handle
problem you had with NFS?  Was a public bug ever reported on the
subject?  Is it something that is easy to reproduce?  If not, can you
give a hint about the conditions that would trigger this problem?

Thanks!

--
Etienne Goyer, Senior Ubuntu System Support Analyst
Ubuntu Certified Instructor