Ubuntu Server Book Needed?

Luke L lukehasnoname at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:11:49 UTC 2008

Mike, your suggestions are right on! I think providing a feature
comparison with KVM vs. VMWare would be useful. I editted Mike's
message below to those points I agree with most.

I too would spend the money on a book solely on virtualization with
KVM and Ubuntu.
--Physical -> virtual server transition
--Live migration (is that even a feature in KVM yet?)
--Saving/loading states, and regular backups
--How to get VMs connected to network storage (SAN/NAS, pros/cons)
--VM networking
--VM tools: oVirt, libvirt/virt-manager
(http://et.redhat.com/page/Main_Page), Enomalism (cloud computing,
http://enomalism.com)

Virtualization is not going away, it is only getting more commonplace.
It would be great if there is good documentation/text out there to
show how KVM, free, enterprise grade software can make it happen for a
business.

That said, there are many tasks on server, and I tink the apress book
did a good job. From the perspective of a student wishing to get into
datacenter and network administration, I would like to see topics on
load balancing apache servers, network storage, virtualization, and
groupware.

--
Luke L.