postfix/dovecot selective sasl

Dave Kempe dave at solutionsfirst.com.au
Thu Jan 24 02:58:22 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a client who an ISP and is working on moving towards postfix and
dovecot with dovecot sasl.
It works pretty well and they are happy, but would like the ablity to be
able to have only certain users have access to sasl email prefereably in
sql.
Does anyone know how to achieve this?
In postfix direct mysql config you can use the additional_conditions for
most queries. However when you set the sasl auth source to dovecot, there
doesn't appear to be anyway between them to select only some users for
smtp auth. Users not enabled should be given a login error.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know :)

thanks

dave