Forum Poll Questions

Jamie McDonald jmack at iclebyte.com
Thu Feb 21 22:16:35 UTC 2008

Michael/Nick

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 07:58 -0500, Michael Behrens wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I have been giving thought to poll questions which could generate
> useful data for us as a team.  I have listed what I have
> throught out so far.  I would appreciate the groups input, both on
> format and as well on the questions themselves.  In addition,
> if you think there should be more questions, I would certainly
> appreciate hearing from you.

This survey took my interest, however I was wondering would it be worth
considering the storage configuration of the servers? Perhaps it's not
your objective but I personally would be interested in facts such as how
much disk space the servers have attached, type of storage attached
(although it's probably fair to assume that high end HP systems etc use
SCSI and low end SATA so maybe that's just splitting hairs), the type of
filesystem and whether hard or software raid is being employed (if at
all).

Regards,
Jamie.