[RFC] mentoring program - feedback on the wiki page

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 21 19:11:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

Following previous discussion [1], I've written up a wiki page
presenting the mentoring program [2].

[1]:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2008-February/001197.html
[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Mentoring

Here is the content of the wiki page.

--------------------

Are you interested in joining the ServerTeam and contribute to Ubuntu ?
Don't know where to get started ? The mentors of the ServerTeam are here
to help you make your first contribution to Ubuntu.

This program is lightweight and short in time. You'll get a mentor from
the ServerTeam and together:
  1. discuss your areas of interest.
  2. define a simple task to accomplish.
  3. get your contribution integrated in Ubuntu !

Interested ? Send an email to [[MailTo(mathiaz AT SPAMFREE ubuntu DOT
com)]] introducing yourself and we'll take it from there.

== Mentor guidelines ==

The mentor provides guidance during the whole process by:
  * presenting existing procedures.
  * pointing to existing communication channels (#ubuntu-server,
    ubuntu-server mailing list, other IRC channels and mailing lists).
  * linking to key members of the ServerTeam and Ubuntu in general.
  * sponsoring one upload if the contribution is packaging related.
  * giving feedback to the applicant in a timely manner.

Once the task has been accepted in Ubuntu, the contributor should have
been in contact with the rest of the ServerTeam and should know where to
ask questions.

Let me know what you think about it.

--
Mathias Gug