Forum Poll Questions
michael.behrens at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 12:58:54 UTC 2008
I have been giving thought to poll questions which could generate useful
data for us as a team. I have listed what I have
throught out so far. I would appreciate the groups input, both on format
and as well on the questions themselves. In addition,
if you think there should be more questions, I would certainly appreciate
hearing from you.
The information we get from the poll should help us identify much more
readily areas in the community where we can
focus out attentions as well as giving us information about operational use
of the Server Edition.
Dear Forum Members,
In an effort to better understand, support and further the Ubuntu Server
Edition we would like to ask you to take this short poll. The information
provided will help us determine where we can improve support, where to add
additional resources and to generate a better understanding of the community
which we work within.
Please note that this survey is being conducted by the Ubuntu Server
Team. Information about the team is available at
1. How many servers do you operate which run Ubuntu Server Edition?
2. Are your servers used at home or at work?
3. What services run on these servers (check all that apply)?
ClamAV / Other Virus Scanner
Database (MySQL / Postgres / Oracle etc.)
Apache (or other httpd impelementation)
LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP)
Backups (Amanda / BackUP PC / Bacula etc.)
Firewall (Acts as a primary firewall/gateway to a network)
LTSP (Linux Terminal Server)
Virtualization (VMware, KVM, Qemu, etc)
Media Server / Processing
4. Which Server Edition version do you use (Check all that apply)?
5. Do you plan to deploy additional ubuntu based servers in the future?
6. If Yes to question 5, do you have a timeframe for doing so?
7. What methods of community support have you accessed? (Check all that
Other Linux related sites
8. If you have used the above support methods to solve a problem, did you
receive a solution?
9. Which type of hardware do you run Ubuntu Server Edition on?
Tower / Desktop PC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-server