Forum Reporting

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 15 16:52:18 UTC 2008

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 03:37:34PM -0500, Michael Behrens wrote:
> Right now, my thoughts are looking that such a report should be provided to
> the team on a bi-weekly basis.

Seems like a good schedule.

> The report should be general and allow us to address issues of direction,
> additional support requirements, areas
> for improvement, areas of new interest
>
> i.e.
>
> # of forum posts subjects about XYZ subject, perhaps graphed out.

Yes - that would be great. The first step would be to group forum posts
so that we know in which areas users have problems. It would also help to
learn about the type of users that hang out in the forums.

> Custom setups and configurations which have arisen and may be of interest

That would probably be one of the category defined above. It should then
be coordinated with the Documentation Team to add valuable content the
community help wiki.

I think there is already such an effort within the Documentation Team
and/or the Forum Team.

> That's just my thoughts, I'd love to hear yours, what do you think would be
> valuable feedback information?

I think that's already a good start. Let's try to put this reporting
process in place to get things going. Once we have a couple of reports,
we can always re-evaluate our needs.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer  http://www.ubuntu.com