Forum Sticky Page for Ubuntu Server Team

Michael Behrens michael.behrens at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 22:45:35 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 5:37 PM, Mathias Gug <mathiaz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> > The Ubuntu Server Team is not just developers though, there are
> operational
> > people as well.  I can't argue that people may not spend time on the
> forums
> > as I don't know everyone or their habits.
>
> That raises the question of the Ubuntu Server Team is. I don't think it
> should be reduced to the members of the ubuntu-server team on LP, which
> tend to be Developers. I'd consider people helping other on
> #ubuntu-server, on ubuntu-server at l.u.c and the forums (also I've never
> been there myself) to be somehow part of the Server Team. May-be an
> Ubuntu Server Community ?

I guess from my perspective, it is a community as it stands, granted that
I only recently joined, most of the people I've talked with are developers.
One or
two have admitted to being admins.

That is where we have common ground, from the developers to the operational
people (admins), foster that and we built a very tight community and
product.
The effect on the larger community is that people see greater adoption rates
and
greater interaction, leading to more members (both developers and others).

Michael
/ faulkes-