Forum Sticky Page for Ubuntu Server Team

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Feb 8 22:42:29 UTC 2008

On Friday 08 February 2008 17:37, Mathias Gug wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 05:27:18PM -0500, Michael Behrens wrote:
> > > Please don't list the forums as a place to get support from the server
> > > team
> > > unless someone is actually comitted to give support there.  AFAIK there
> > > are
> > > very few developers who spend even minimal time on the forums and we
> > > shouldn't raise expectations of what will be available there.
> >
> > The Ubuntu Server Team is not just developers though, there are
> > operational people as well.  I can't argue that people may not spend time
> > on the forums as I don't know everyone or their habits.
>
> That raises the question of the Ubuntu Server Team is. I don't think it
> should be reduced to the members of the ubuntu-server team on LP, which
> tend to be Developers. I'd consider people helping other on
> #ubuntu-server, on ubuntu-server at l.u.c and the forums (also I've never
> been there myself) to be somehow part of the Server Team. May-be an
> Ubuntu Server Community ?

I think once the bugmail split out is done, it'll be more reasonable for more
people to join, so you may see more of the other sorts of people signing up.

Agree we don't want to narrow of a definition, but I think that there ought to
be at least a tenuous connection back to the server-team (e.g. someone on
server-team volunteers to be forums liaison and keep an eye on it).

Scott K