Forum Sticky Page for Ubuntu Server Team

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 8 22:37:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 05:27:18PM -0500, Michael Behrens wrote:

> > Please don't list the forums as a place to get support from the server
> > team
> > unless someone is actually comitted to give support there.  AFAIK there
> > are
> > very few developers who spend even minimal time on the forums and we
> > shouldn't raise expectations of what will be available there.
>

> The Ubuntu Server Team is not just developers though, there are operational
> people as well.  I can't argue that people may not spend time on the forums
> as I don't know everyone or their habits.

That raises the question of the Ubuntu Server Team is. I don't think it
should be reduced to the members of the ubuntu-server team on LP, which
tend to be Developers. I'd consider people helping other on
#ubuntu-server, on ubuntu-server at l.u.c and the forums (also I've never
been there myself) to be somehow part of the Server Team. May-be an
Ubuntu Server Community ?

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer  http://www.ubuntu.com