vmbuilder questions

Kent Tenney ktenney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:01:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Dave Walker <DaveWalker at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Kent Tenney wrote:
>>
>> I made the changes you recommend, still no bridging.
>> When I do
>> $ sudo kvm disk0.qcow2
>>

> Hi Kent,
>
> Is this really the best way to start the virtual machine?

I haven't a clue.
It produces a window which displays a machine boot sequence,
which is what I expect to see. There's clearly large gaps in my
understanding of what's going on. The sequence described at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JeOSVMBuilder

"This page aims at documenting how to a create virtual
appliance using Ubuntu Server Edition's JeOS and vmbuilder."

This gave me hope regarding being able to build and use vm's but
it seems the page presupposes a considerable amount of
understanding I don't have.

> You aren't
> passing any parameters, other than the actual img/qcow2 to use.
> Wouldn't it be better to launch it via "virsh", using the .cfg file that
> the vmbuilder generated?

Where would I find that file?
(the .cfg file I quoted above is one I wrote according to instructions on