how do I install Ubuntu as a xen domU guest on CentOS / Fedora server?

Thomas E. Maleshafske tmaleshafske at maleshafske.com
Thu Aug 14 01:51:54 UTC 2008

> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know, or have a working tutorial / guideline on how to install
> Ubuntu (7.10 or 8.04) as a xen domU guest on a CentOS (5.1) or Fedora Core
> (8) server?
>
> I do realize that the two distro's differ a lot, and the installation
> procedures are also very different, but I'd really like to be able to have
> an Ubuntu Virtual Machine on my CentOS server.
>
> So,if anyone can give me some pointers, it would be highly appreciated :)
>
> --
>
> Kind Regards
> Rudi Ahlers

If you installed xen-tools, you can execute the following command and it should
give you a list of all distributions that you can install.

ls -l /usr/lib/xen-tool

Let me know if you need any additional help.

V/R
        Thomas E. Maleshafske
        tmaleshafske at maleshafske.com
        http://www.maleshafske.com
        Helping People Take Control over Their Computer!