Starting up a business

Erik Lönroth erik.lonroth at bredband.net
Tue Aug 12 09:58:29 UTC 2008

Hello Ubuntu Server List!

Me and a team of linux and unix admins are about to start up a business.
We intend to use Ubuntu for the server, desktop and workplace solutions
we intend to provide on the market. The obvious choice !

I'm interested in establish a contact with people that might be able to
help us making Ubuntu based systems a commercial alternative.

We are based in Sweden and are working on our business-plan at the
moment. Our ambition is to start up in some 6-12 months.

I have some questions that I hope to get help with from you
professionals out there:

(#) What is the best way to hook up to Canonical for a tight cooperation
regarding support, contracting etc. ? We want to have a good
relationship with the server and desktop teams and are 100% committed in
giving back from what we do.

(#) What experiences do you have regarding providing a commercial
Ubuntu? Are there any problems we should be careful not to run into,
pitfalls, legal or such?

All help is greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards
/Erik Lönroth - Sweden