unexpected output vmstat -s

Sander van Vugt sander.van.vugt at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 11 14:24:24 UTC 2008

Rick, Etienne,

Thanks for your feedback. From it (and my ignorance ;-) follows another
question. For performance measuring purposes, I think it is useful to
compare interrupts and CPU context switches in a non tickless kernel.
I.e., if the amount of Interrupts is much higher than the amount of
context switches, that is good. If the difference is not very big, a lot
of CPU time is wasted on context switches. Now that I don't have ticks
anymore, I can't see the relation between interrupts and context
switches anymore. Are you aware of any other way of seeing them? I used
to use vmstat -s to display this information.

Thanks,
Sander