virtualization in Ubuntu Server

Sander van Vugt mail at sandervanvugt.nl
Tue Sep 18 16:55:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm doing some research on Ubuntu Server as a potential platform for
virtualization. It doesn't seem that 7.04 supports Xen very well, the press
release for 7.04 talks about features that allow for optimizes support under
VMware. That's not what I need, I need a server that can be used as a
virtualization platform like the combination Red Hat/SUSE - Xen.

So my questions:

-                      Is Xen in Ubuntu considered to be mature? It appears
to me as a very limited Xen stack. If it is not mature yet, is it going to
be mature soon?

-                      If Xen is not the way to go for Ubuntu Server as a
virtualization solution, is there anything else that can be used in Ubuntu
Server to use it as the platform to create virtual machines on?

Thanks  advance,

Sander van Vugt