Some package don't needed for Ubuntu Server edition

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 17 17:21:14 UTC 2007

Hi Jim,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 06:23:47PM -0400, Jim Tarvid wrote:
> want minimal installs. If I were going to do a lot of servers of a
> particular type, I would build a dummy package with the needed dependencies.

Another solution is to use preseeding. It doesn't involve the creation
of a dummy package and is directly supported by the installer from the
ubuntu-server cd.

More information about preseeding can be found in the alternate
installation guide: https://help.ubuntu.com/7.04/installation-guide/

--
Mathias